Friday, November 12, 2010

What's a girl to do....

I find myself this Friday night in a very unfamiliar situation, and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself!  Kyle has taken both of our puppies (which I thought I would be okay with, but am now reconsidering my thoughts on this) and has trekked out to western Kansas for the weekend for a boys hunting extravaganza.  I am officially home alone for the weekend without any plans! 

At first, I was super excited at the idea of having a weekend completely to myself, without any plans.  There are so many things that I thought I would want to accomplish (Thank you notes, clean the house, organize my closet, thank you notes, thank you notes).  Let's just say my motivation to accomplish lots has wained :)...and now I'm starting to feel as if I could get bored!  Ugh, what's a girl to do!  If I get bored enough, I may be tempted to go shopping....which is dangerous.  I'm thinking new boots, a new skirt (because I discovered on Monday that none of my skirts I own fit), and anything else I can find on sale :).  Kyle should have never left me home alone this weekend :).

In other news, I have to say I am definitely ready to start coming off of my prednisone.  When I first started taking it, I didn't feel a lot of the side effects that come with taking the drug.  That has changed over the last couple of weeks.  I am constantly hungry!  This is not good for keeping off all of the weight that I have lost through this whole sickness over the last few months.  Not that I lost the weight in a healthy way (20 pounds in 15 days) but I do notice I feel better not carrying around so much weight and I would like to keep off as much of the weight as possible.  I am trying to start to get back to normal activity, but I am still only able to manage about 30 - 40 minutes of light activity (slow to moderate walking with very light weights).  In addition, I'm still on a somewhat limited diet (low fiber - which limits the healthy foods that I can eat - no whole grains and I still am limited on which fruits/veggies I can have).  I am slowly adding back foods each day, but it's a slow process.  I miss wheat bread, salads, broccoli, popcorn, those sorts of things!  Who would have thought.

I started to try to download our photographers wedding photos to my computer, and it didn't like it.  I got the blue screen of death.  I am going to have to wait until I get a new computer to download my pictures :(.  I've got my eye on a new Mac desktop computer.  I have so many friends that rave about their macs that I think I'm going to become a convert.  I'll have to wait though until after Christmas though, I need to save, save, save and I think it's going to take about that long without stretching our budget.  It'll be worth it though!

Well, I've been able to pass some time tonight.  Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You MUST get a Mac! It's so worth the money and wait :) Glad you're constantly feeling better and better. Keep taking care of yourself.

    Meg

    ReplyDelete