Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fall back!

Who's excited about Daylight Savings time ending this weekend and getting an extra hour of sleep on Sunday.......this girl!  Not that one hour is going to make a world of difference, but I will gladly take any extra hour of sleep I can get.  Damn this prednisone for waking me up in the middle of the night....every night.

Besides looking forward to the gloriousness that is the weekend, things have been relatively quiet in the McGuire household.  This last weekend we ventured to Manhattan to watch the Wildcats struggle against the Cowboys.  Even though the game could have gone better, we had such a good time with all of our friends and family.  Abby and Travis made the trek all the way from Colorado, the in-laws came up for the weekend, and my parents were up for the game as well.  We also got to catch up with lots of friends that we don't get to see enough (and a certain little baby G who's getting bigger and bigger!).  All in all such a good weekend!

On other random thoughts, I have been really trying hard to plan out meals for the week ahead of time and then buying all of the groceries that I need on Sunday for the week.  I am now two weeks into this venture and so far it seems to be working.  However, I feel like I am starting to run out of recipe ideas already!  I am a bit limited in the types of foods I can eat (no whole grains, no raw fruits or vegetables, limited low fiber cooked veggies) which limits the recipe options, but I am continually on the hunt for more recipe ideas that are quick and easy that make for good leftovers during the week.  Suggestions are always welcome :).

This was a quick blog update.  I'm hoping to finally download some wedding pics this weekend!!  I'll try to post some soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment