Sunday, November 28, 2010

Give Thanks

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving holiday, I tried to take some time to think of all of the things that I have to be thankful for.

  • My husband.  In the five short months that we have been married, we have already been through a lot (not so fun honeymoon and dealing with me being sick).  Kyle has been by my side through everything and I can't imagine having a better partner to go through this journey with.  
  • My friends.  I am so blessed to have such a great group of friends!  They are there for me no matter what, standing beside me on my wedding day, meeting me for coffee to catch up, giving much needed advice, the list goes on.  I don't know where I would be without those ladies.
  • My family.  I am very fortunate to have the best parents in the world.  They love me no matter what and have supported me through everything.  I would not be the person that I am without them nor would I be where I am.  I also have the best in-laws a girl could ask for, they are so supportive of Kyle and I and have helped us to get to where we are.  
  • My job.  I am very grateful this holiday season to have a great job.  I have been with my new company for six months and couldn't be happier.  I work with a wonderful group of people and I get to perform work that is challenging and I am constantly learning something new. 
  • My health.  Even though I have struggled with my health over the last five months, I am still grateful that I am generally healthy.  My disease is not life-threatening and I am currently at a stage where it is under better control than it has been since the wedding. 
There are so many other things I could add to this list (extended family, the pups, a roof over our heads, etc).  It's nice to take a step back every once in a while and remember all the things in life we have to be thankful for.  I hope everyone else had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment