Thursday, April 14, 2011

Highlanders, Muranos, Edges, Oh My!

After ten years of dedicated car ownership of my 2001 Ford Focus, Kyle and I have decided it's time to start looking at a new car for me.  Not that I won't miss the Foc_s (I spell it this way because some time ago the 'U' fell off the back of my car, so I drive a Focs).  I've had my car since I was a junior in high school.  It will definitely be weird driving in something else.  However, her age is starting to show, running "hard" as I describe it, even when the weather is okay.

After having driven the same car for so long, I definitely have a list of things that I am looking for in my next car.  I want a leather interior (cloth is harder to keep clean); I want bluetooth capability for my phone; and I want an SUV.  Especially during inclement weather, I hate being low man on the road in my car, and I know I would feel safer driving in something that sits a little higher up.

Other than those few requirements, I have no clue what I want.  I've think I might like a Nissan Murano, Ford Edge or Toyota Highlander.  I also feel like there are so many other dependable SUV's out there that I am not even aware of, but I guess that's how this whole car search thing goes.  Kyle and I are headed out this weekend to test drive a wide range of vehicles so hopefully after this weekend, I will have a better idea of what I want (though I'm not looking forward to having a car payment).

Other than that, not much has been going on in our house lately.  Kyle is finally coming out of busy season and I am nearing the end of our quarterly busy time (though really work hasn't been all that busy).  I'm in the 4 week countdown to surgery number two.  I'm grateful to be feeling so much better, but I am ready for the next step!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Car shopping is exciting! I love the Ford Edge. I would LOVE to have one. It's much better on gas than my Explorer. I also loved the highlander, but I think I remember it being a little pricier. I have a friend who just bought a Murano and loves it, too. Another one I like is the Chevy Traverse. Good luck and have fun test driving!

    ReplyDelete