Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fa La La La La....

Last night I met up with a few of my favorite ladies for some cheese and chocolate at The Melting Pot.  On Monday nights they have a ladies night special that is a pretty good deal and made for a good excuse to get together right before the holidays!  I can't believe that Christmas is so close so it was nice to have some time to slow down and catch up with the girls before the craziness of the holidays take over (and before Liz leaves us for Iowa!).  It's these get togethers that remind me that I have such a great group of friends, the amazing cheese and chocolate were definitely a close second to the great company and conversation.

Besides spending time with some of my favorite people, I'm trying to figure out my Christmas shopping and what I am going to get people this year.  I am still struggling to get in the "spirit" to go shopping (though I've been in the Christmas spirit to decorate, bake and such); I am having a hard time coming up with just the right thing to get for those I'm buying for, especially my husband!  I'm hoping a wave of creativity will come over me in the next day or so, so I can get my shopping done started.

I am looking forward to getting to spend some time with family over the holiday.  Unfortunately, our plans to possibly trek out to the mountains fell through but that's okay because we'll get to see our two favorite Colorado residents while they're in Mulvane.  After a day or two at the in-laws we are going to spend some quality time with my family.  It will be nice to not have to travel as much this year (and hopefully we won't be driving through post-blizzard conditions like we did last year!). 

Wish me luck on my Christmas present shopping, this could be interesting :).

No comments:

Post a Comment