Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blogging Fail

So you can probably guess that I have failed at my blogging resolution.  I guess that's how it goes!  Here's a quick recap to try and get back into the swing of things:


  • I had my second of two surgeries back on May 12th.  It was tough to go through another surgery, though I think my nerves were a little less this time.  I was so excited to get rid of the ostomy bag I had been toting around for 3 months and to get back to a normal life.  The surgery was pretty easy, though I was in the hospital for longer than I would have liked (and had to have a roommate for the last 3 days).  In the end, I recovered pretty quickly and surprisingly was ready to go back to work before work would let me come back (stupid drug tests!).


  • Speaking of my surgery, it has now been over a year since this whole ordeal started.  I can't believe it, honestly.  I don't know if it is more stunning that it has already been a year or to think about all of the things that I (and Kyle) have been through in the last year.  I won't say it has been easy, because it hasn't (this isn't what they tell you marriage will be like when you go through all of those classes), but I will tell you that it is absolutely AWESOME to be feeling like myself again.  Really.  I think I truly feel like myself for the first time since this whole thing started.  That in itself is pretty great.


  • I have been able to do certain activities that I have not been able to do in a year.  I have played tennis with a friend.  I wore a bathing suit.  I went to the pool.  I have been to the lake.  I have eaten nuts, sushi, and other food I couldn't imagine living without.  I have had fun.  I haven't had to locate the nearest bathroom everywhere I go.  I have been able to actually do my job.  I have gotten a promotion.  I have finally been able to live again.  Fabulous.


  • Right before my second surgery, my manager took a position at a different company, which left an opening in our group.  I took a chance and applied for his job.  Honestly did not think I would get it.  I am so grateful that they decided to give me the chance.  I have been working really hard to prove to them that they made the right decision, though I will say I still feel like I am still getting some of the rust off of my previous managerial skills.  I think it will get better with time though.  Of course, there has been that 4-letter word we have been dealing with....XBRL.  Look it up.


  • Entourage!  Sunday 10:30 EST.  Final Season.  Can't wait!

    Extended Trailer

  • If you didn't think it could snow in July, you would be wrong.  I can bring our white Labrador Duke over to your house and prove it snows in July.  He shakes, white stuff all over the floor! :)

  • Two of my favorite people in the entire world are now engaged!  One got engaged in New Years, the other in May.  I am so excited for both of them to be getting married (and those boys are definitely lucky).

  • I turned 27 a little less than a month ago.  I don't really have a feeling one way or the other about it, but I do dislike being one year closer to 30.  I think 30 will be tough.  I'd really rather not talk about it.

  • Over the 4th of July, Kyle and I did a little extended weekend honeymoon redo.  Needless to say, I did not have the best time on our honeymoon in Mexico.  Kyle surprised me with a trip to Table Rock lake with a two-night stay at the Chateau on the Lake resort.  It was fabulous.  Some of the highlights include a fabulous sunset dinner overlooking the lake with a steak the size of my head, sleeping in (in a fabulous extra big king size bed), fun at the water park, and just relaxing fun with my wonderful husband.  Great way to celebrate surviving our first year of marriage.

That's a good quick recap of the last few months for us.  Let's hope that things keep going the way that they are, because they are definitely looking up!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment